Maintenance Shop Technician (Mechanic)
REPORTS TO: Fleet Maintenance Shop Manager
Under general supervision, perform preventative maintenance on vehicles and
equipment. Inspect, diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment. Requires basic
knowledge of vehicle systems to perform routine maintenance and repair.
Technician Job Requirements
Three years relevant work experience
Valid driver's license - acceptable driving record
Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen & background check
Experience reading electrical and / or hydraulic schematics
|Range (BOE)||$22.00 - $28.00 / hour|
|Performance||$1,250 (up to)|
Technician Job Benefits
- All tools provided
- A chance to learn and acquire new skills
- Monday - Friday "day shift" schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Work under limited supervision and follow established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance following assigned schedule. PM’s to include inspection and adjustment, oil change and fluid replenishment, lubrication, tire changes and basic electrical work.
- Perform visual inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
- Complete all required paperwork documenting work done.
- Assist other technicians and Shop Manager in completion of project work.
- Review, complete or assign repairs identified on DVIR’s (Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report) and Mechanics Worksheet.
- Drive vehicles in / out of shop for service. Park vehicles at end of day.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with HDBJ and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education / Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age – 21 if CDL holder.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check, which will include previous employment, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Ability to drive large vehicles.
- Hold current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License or be willing to obtain.
- Possess current Medical Examiner’s Certificate or be willing to obtain.
- Experience reading electrical and / or hydraulic schematics.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Listed are key points regarding the physical requirements and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 50 lbs. most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Required to work in tight spaces and in high areas.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks such as cuts, burns, abrasions, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc. often.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dust, dirt, oils, grease, residue, odor, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Normal setting for this job is in repair / maintenance shop.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Day Shift position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Work shifts vary and will include some Saturday hours after holidays.