DEPARTMENT: Office Support
REPORTS TO: Office and Customer Support Manager
Receive and respond to a high volume of calls and email from residential and commercial customers. Process product and service inquiries, requests and complaints. Serve as the primary point of contact for our customers. Deliver superior service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner. Resolve customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Use authorized system (Delta) to gather / provide information and update customer records.
- Field service inquiries and transactions independently and proficiently.
- Respond in a timely, respectful and professional manner. Communicate concise and accurate information.
- Resolve routine matters including billing questions and payments, collection and equipment issues, service holds, special pickups, residential price quotes and cancellations.
- Log information about customer service interactions into authorized system (Delta). Update in a timely and accurate manner to allow others to track service inquiries and resolution.
- Provide standard information and education about service options, costs, billing and payment.
- Establish new residential accounts. Explain and document service levels, pricing, billing and other required information.
- Enter service data into computer for billing and scheduling purposes.
- Serve as the customer’s advocate by solving problems. Engage the proper department or people.
- Escalate more complex issues to appropriate level.
- Respond to radio inquiries from collection drivers.
- Assist with mail opening / distribution, driver clipboard preparation and front office cleaning.
- Cross-train with other CSR staff to help balance workloads and fill in during vacations.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education / Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years Customer Service experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Focuses on solving conflicts and listening to others without interrupting.
- Maintains a positive outlook. Is high energy, friendly and engaging.
- Service oriented. Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Work efficiently and effectively both independently and as a team.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to adapt and deal with frequent changes in work environment and workload.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Computer and typing skills. Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent self-motivation skills. Strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Listed are key points regarding the physical requirements and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with dexterity (keyboarding, machine operation) most of the work day.
- Normal setting for this job is indoors (office setting).
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.